The J provides instructional lessons or clinics and free play on its large, 4-court gymnasium, with 12 basketball hoops and bleacher seating for peoples ages 7 and up. You'll appreciate its cushioned wood floor, which is easier on the joints. Open gym is available throughout the week.
Weekly morning drop-in basketball
• Competitive and fun pick-up games of basketball are played every Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings from 5:30-7:30 am in the gym. The free games are open to men and women of all athletic levels.
National Basketball Academy
• The J offers a variety of National Basketball Academy programs for youth and teens as well as clinics for children with special needs. Click here for details.
New "The Rock" Basketballs with New "Core to Cover" Technology are Coming to The J!
Basketballs are not available in the gym. The following procedures are required to check out a basketball:
• Please go to the Fitness Service Desk (adjacent to the locker rooms)
• Present your drivers license or valid photo ID. IDs will be held until basketball is returned
• Children without an ID must have a parent or guardian with a drivers license or valid photo ID to sign out a basketball
• A basketball with a unique number will be signed out to you. The same numbered basketball must be returned to the Fitness Service Desk
• When you bring back the basketball to the Fitness Service Desk your ID will be returned
As always, you may bring your own basketball from home.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Questions: Fitness Service Desk (216) 831-0700 ext.1302