Committed to Excellence
|The Mandel JCC Early Childhood Center is committed to excellence in early care and education. Our program is inspired by Sheva (the Hebrew word for seven), a national JCCA program which guides our values, engagement and pursuit of excellence:
• Children are Natural Learners: Our teachers inspire children to question their world and to appreciate multiple perspectives.
• Early Childhood Directors as Visionaries: Our director works with parents, teachers and The J’s leadership to cultivate a diverse and vibrant learning community.
• Early Childhood Educators are Professionals: Our educators are lifelong learners, always engaging in professional development.
• Families as Engaged Learners: Family engagement builds a healthy school community. Our families are valued and diversity is embraced.
• Environments as an Inspiration for Inquiry: Our classrooms provide spaces that provoke children’s wonder, curiosity, intellectual engagement and creative expression.
• Discover CATCH as Sh’mirat HaGuf (taking care of our bodies): We encourage children’s love of physical activity and knowledge about healthy eating.
• Israel as the Story of the Jewish People: Our educators create a connection with Israel through classroom activities and holiday celebrations.