Mandel JCC Status Update
Due to the dramatic increase in COVID-19 cases in our state and county, effective Monday, November 30, we are expanding our current mandatory face mask policy. Except while swimming in the pool, face masks will be mandatory at all times, including during all forms of exercise and physical activity.
If an individual is medically advised to not wear a mask, please contact Joe Schillero, General Manager, Fitness & Membership, at email@example.com to inquire about an accommodation.
On November 18, the Cuyahoga County Board of Health issued a stay-at-home health advisory through December 17 for Cuyahoga County. During this time, The J intends to remain open and will continue with its comprehensive safety protocols in place, which include:
- Mandatory face masks
- Temperature and wellness checks
- Social distancing practices
- Restricted traffic patterns
- Enhanced cleaning
- Daily sanitation procedures
As a place that promotes physical and mental wellness, it is important that the Mandel JCC remain open unless there are further restrictions. We know from our own experience, and from research done throughout the country, that fitness centers are not the source of the spread of the virus. Incidence of the spread in fitness centers is a small fraction of a percent.
As a precautionary measure, we are currently conducting temperature checks and health screening for all Members and staff entering The J. Please do not visit The J if you are feeling ill or have knowingly come into contact with someone with COVID in the past 14 days. If you are awaiting the results of a COVID test, please wait until you have received a negative result before visiting The J. This will help us ensure a safe and healthy environment for all here at The J. If you visited The J and find you have been directly exposed or have tested positive for COVID-19 please contact Joe Schillero at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Members are required to preschedule use of the Fitness Center
• The scheduling process limits the number of Members in the Fitness Center
- Members are able to schedule 60-minute time slots in the Fitness Center
- Reservations are taken 48 hours in advance through mandeljcc.force.com
• The maximum number of reservation spaces available per hour is 30